Search Brextin's Blog (type in Medek, Oxygen therapy (HBO), Wingbo, neck ring,G-tube, etc)

Friday, June 12, 2009

We experienced one tiny seizure













Brextin's nose was getting filled up and I wanted to make sure he was able to breath well today - so he used his Mr. Bubbles nublizer today before we left the house.


Today during the first dive - Brextin had a tiny seizure - it occurred while we were coming up from our dive - but the second dive today was uneventful.

Today's schedule so far has been working - we got up at 5:30 and hit the road around 7:00.

Our first dive isn't until 8:15 - but I have getting to the center early to feed Brextin there so I am not rushed and I can sit and watch the news as well. I consider it to be my 30 minute rest -

We then dove at 8:15 until 9:30 - and he soon fell asleep after the dive and so I stayed at the HBO center and was able to place Brextin on a therapy mat to nap - while he was napping I was able to socialize with a wonderful gal from Indiana that belongs to the Yahoo group - for micro kids - we are thinking about getting together for dinner tonight - if all goes well -

Then we went to his therapy appointment at 11:30 - but the little guy still wanted to sleep - so it was a challenge to wake him - up but we were able to - he then stayed awake for about 1 1/2 hours of therapy - they had him swinging like Superman, attempting to walk in a walker, and bouncing on a ball -

We then went to his second dive at 2:15 and guess what - he slept through that as well - he woke up half way through and was a delight - we haven't been able to feed him on a schedule - it can be quite tough in-between all of his therapy, naps, and dives. So luckily I was able to feed him before we went to his next therapy appointment at 4:30.

It is currently 4:00 and he is luckily still awake - let's hope he will remain awake for at least the next two hours - he has speech at 4:30 and Physical therapy at 5:30 until 6:30. Then if I am not too tired I plan on meeting up with Rebeccaa and her darling daughter - Eliza. (The rest of her family is coming down tomorrow) Oh nice - I just glanced at him and he is now yawning - wonderful -

These days are longer than my work days - only 34 more dives remain - please keep the prayers coming for success and no set backs -

I sure do miss my family and friends.
Boy am I excited for the weekend - but luckily since Brextin slept through PT yesterday - they are allowing him to get his 2 hours tomorrow - so my first actual day off will be Sunday.

I brought down my laptop in hopes of learning the newest version of Office before school starts or at least watching some well deserving chick flicks - and I can honestly say the only TV I have been able to watch has been while I have been feeding Brextin at the centers. I feel as if I should be the one napping :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment