Search Brextin's Blog (type in Medek, Oxygen therapy (HBO), Wingbo, neck ring,G-tube, etc)

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Power went out while in a dive - talk about scary!!








They are building a new building right next to the Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy center and the big bulldozers must have hit a power line - talk about scary - for one thing - please keep in mind - when we are in a chamber - they are all steal - and the ONLY way that you can get out is if the person on the outside allows you out - the only communication that can take place is the two-way radio that you are provided with as you begin your dive -

At first I couldn't even find the two way radio - so my heart was racing - plus to top it off - Brextin decided to take a nap so I had him laying on my lap -so I had to slide him over so I could reach and locate the radio - David mentioned to me that the power went off and that he needed to bring me up from the dive and then take me back down - and there was nothing to worry about -
It is heart wrenching knowing that he is my lifeline to communication - plus there are other chambers that had other people in them as well - but he reassured me that there was nothing to worry about - boy it allowed me a moment to thank my blessings.


o

No comments:

Post a Comment