Search Brextin's Blog (type in Medek, Oxygen therapy (HBO), Wingbo, neck ring,G-tube, etc)

Monday, May 11, 2009

Denied again!!

I just got a second notice for a $10,000 bill from our insurance company in regards to his Oct 31st helicopter ride - - they claimed they do not have a letter indicating it was medical necessity - do they really think that I just allowed my son to take a luxury trip to Rochester Mayo??? Now I have to contact his neuro doctor at Rochester and hope he will write a letter indicating it was medical necessity - however he wasn't the doctor who made the decision -

Our local hospital ER department made the decision - they stated that they do not work with pediatrics who have seizures and said it was best to have him air lifted to Mayo and now I have to sit and do battle over the bill - wish me luck - I just sent an email to his doctor at Mayo and am hoping for a reply -

Nobody has any idea - the battles that we as special parents have to go through with our children - please pray for additional strength.

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there, Randi...I'll keep you in my prayers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Randi,
    If you ever need help contacting hospitals, insurance companies, etc., let me know. I dealt with enough of them before my mom died and I am sure you have more than enough to worry about than this. Please don't hesitate to call.
    836-7828
    Paula B.

    ReplyDelete