Search Brextin's Blog (type in Medek, Oxygen therapy (HBO), Wingbo, neck ring,G-tube, etc)

Friday, July 17, 2009

We will be exploring Medek Therapy

Myself, Brextin as well as my mom will be hitting the skies in August for at least one week to New Jersey so Brextin can receive Medek therapy. The therapy that he will be receiving is considered to be intensive because he will be receiving it at least two times a day.

You can find more about the therapy at http://www.medek.ca/about.htm and http://www.cuevasmedek.com/cme_def.html

I have heard some kiddos respond wonderfully to this type of therapy while others have not. If you have been following our blog you will find that I am a parent who will try anything we can to improve his quality of life. The center allows you video tape the last couple of sessions so you are able to continue the exercises at home.

We will be able to stay with family as well which will save us a ton of money - they live about 30 minutes away - and am checking to see if the train near his house will be able to take us to the therapy clinic - if not we are looking into renting a car - I am nervous about driving - but I never thought I would drive in Madison and I was able to do that - thanks to GPS navigation.

The train near my Uncle's house actually takes you to NY as well - I guess it is about a 12 minute train ride - hopefully we will feel gutsy enough to explore - I actually went to NY with my Uncle last year - and I would really love it to go back. -

No comments:

Post a Comment