Search Brextin's Blog (type in Medek, Oxygen therapy (HBO), Wingbo, neck ring,G-tube, etc)

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Donations are pouring in for Brextin's benefit :-)

Tonight we have a meeting with our committee members - to help gather and to take care of loose ends for Brextin's benefit -

We even have a wonderful lady (Sherry) who is from the Infantile Spasms list serve -that has connections in LA - and we just got David Hasselhoff's signature he is a judge on the show America's Got Talent - she has also sent a Wheel of Fortune package as well.

Our wonderful team has been able to gather a TON of baskets filled with a lot of donations from local Chippewa Valley businesses - for our silent auction and for door prizes -

We are also planning on having fire trucks and a police officer present to finger print any children - if parent's desire. Venue of course are subject to change.

We are now trying to gather up all of our food donations so we will be able to serve the spaghetti dinner from 11:00 until 1:30 or until we run out -

I am so anxious to gather up items around our house for the thrift sale as well - when I turn around I just see clutter - I keep buying more and more toys hoping to find the one toy that Brextin will take an interest in - and they just seem to accumulate – with no hope –

I also have high hopes that Brextin will be able to play with his older brother’s toys in the future (example, a toy that you sit on and push using your legs) – but in reality it probably isn’t going to occur – so selling Brayden’s toys will be so painful – and if my hope of dreams do occur then I guess I can buy new – but clutter seems to be everywhere I look – and I need it to all go!

Words can not express how forever grateful I am for all of our friends, family, and total strangers that are allowing this benefit to occur and are helping for it to be so successful - we are so thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment